Beatrice and Eugenie ‘in a state’ after Andrew’s ‘catastrophic’ arrest as mum Sarah Ferguson nowhere to be seen

1990s – Andrew meets Jeffrey Epstein

Andrew previously told BBC Newsnight he first met Epstein through “his girlfriend back in 1999”.

Andrew later said he saw Epstein “infrequently”, adding “probably no more than only once or twice a year”.

During the trial of Ghislaine Maxwell, jurors heard that Andrew flew on Epstein’s private plane with a 14-year-old girl in the mid-1990s.

March 2001 – Virginia Roberts allegations

Later, Virginia Giuffre (née Roberts) alleges that at age 17 she was trafficked by Epstein and Maxwell to have sex with Andrew on three occasions, starting with an initial encounter at Maxwell’s London townhouse in March 2001.

In court filings and her memoir, released in October 2025, Giuffre also alleges that she had sex with Andrew on Epstein’s private island and at his New York residence.

Another Epstein survivor will also later allege when testifying in a 2016 deposition that the then Prince groped her breast around this time.

Andrew has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing and rejected these claims.

2009 – More allegations about massages

Epstein’s former housekeeper, Juan Alessi, testifies at his employer’s trial that Andrew had “daily massages” at the paedophile’s Florida home.

2010 – Epstein released and photographed with Andrew

Epstein is released from jail after admitting to prostituting minors and is sentenced to 18 months in prison.

Court documents, released in October 2025, show Andrew told Epstein it would be “good to catch up in person”.

“I have no immediate plans to drop by New York but I think I should at some stage soon”, Andrew wrote in an email dated April 15, 2010.

“I’ll look and see if I can make a couple of days before the summer… It would be good to catch up in person”, Andrew wrote.

In December that year, Andrew was infamously photographed with Epstein in New York’s Central Park.

January 2015 – Virginia’s allegations resurface

Andrew’s past with Epstein returns to haunt him as Virginia Giuffre’s allegations are filed in a US court – challenging Epstein’s plea deal.

She named Andrew as one of the men Epstein and Maxwell forced her to have sex with as a teenager.

In response, the Palace issues a statement reaffirming Andrew’s denials of any wrongdoing.

2016 – Andrew named in Giuffre civil suit against Maxwell

As part of her civil suit against Maxwell, Ms Giuffre testifies that Epstein paid her 15,000 dollars (£11,180) to have sex with Andrew.

Ms Giuffre also testifies about a sexual encounter with Andrew in the bath of Maxwell’s home in 2001.

She said: “He was adorning my young body, particularly my feet, caressing my toes and licking my arches.”

2018 – Andrew meets alleged Chinese spy

Alleged Chinese spy, Yang Tengbo, visits Buckingham Palace twice to meet with Andrew. He is also said to have entered St James’s Palace and Windsor Castle at Andrew’s invitation.

Yang was the founder-partner of Pitch@Palace China, an initiative which was the Duke of York’s scheme to support entrepreneurs.

He was later banned from Britain by the government on national security grounds, following a long-running legal battle.

2019 – Andrew speaks to BBC Newsnight

Newly released legal documents show that Johanna Sjoberg, another alleged Epstein victim, claimed Andrew touched her breast while sitting on a couch inside the US billionaire’s Manhattan apartment in 2001.

Buckingham Palace said the allegations are “categorically untrue”.

Epstein was found dead in his jail cell on August 10, having apparently killed himself after being charged with sex trafficking.

Later that month, a pilot on Epstein’s private jet, David Rodgers, claims Andrew was a passenger on past flights with the financier and Ms Giuffre.

Four days after the interview, the then Duke of York released a statement confirming he was “stepping back from public duties for the foreseeable future” with permission from Queen Elizabeth II.

2021 – Giuffre files civil case against Andrew

Ms Giuffre started legal action against Andrew, saying it was “past the time for him to be held to account” for allegedly sexually assaulting her when she was a teenager.

Lawyers for Ms Giuffre filed a civil suit seeking unspecified damages at a federal court in New York, where documents claim she was “lent out for sexual purposes” by Epstein, including while she was still a minor under US law.

January 2022 – Andrew loses affiliations and patronages

The Queen strips her son of a range of military affiliations and royal patronages after more than 150 veterans write to describe their “upset and anger”.

Giuffre’s lawyer insists she would be unlikely to accept a “purely financial settlement” to end her sexual assault civil lawsuit against the royal.

The lawyer says that although she does not have a firm idea of what she wants, it is important that any resolution happens “in a way that vindicates her and vindicates the other victims”.

February 2022 – Andrew settles up with Virginia

Andrew and Virginia settled out of court with the amount not publicly disclosed but worth millions.

He agrees to make a “substantial donation” to a charity, and accepts that Giuffre “suffered as an established victim of abuse”.

In a document submitted to the New York court, Andrew says he regrets his association with Epstein.

January 2024 – New accusations emerge

Court documents are unsealed by a judge in the US which include accusations against Andrew – from groping a woman’s breast in an alleged encounter involving a puppet version of the prince, to claims he had sex with an underage Giuffre.

The 1,200 pages were gathered for Giuffre’s 2015 defamation case against Ghislaine Maxwell.

Scotland Yard said it would not investigate the documents and suggested they did not contain new information.

April 2025 – Virginia dies

Virginia sadly died aged 41 in April last year.

In a posthumous memoir, released on October 21, Ms Giuffre writes that Andrew considered it “his birthright” to have sex with her, saying he was “friendly enough, but still entitled.”

She also describes their encounter on Epstein’s private island, writing: “it was not just the two of us this time; it was an orgy” in which “Epstein, Andy, and approximately eight other young girls and I had sex together.”

October 17 2025 – Andrew stripped of more honours

Several titles and honours, including the Duke of York title, are given up by Andrew as a result of continued accusations made against him.

His honours as a Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order and Royal Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter are also given up, leaving prince as his only remaining title

It is understood that the decision was taken in close consultation with Andrew’s brother, King Charles.

October 30 2025 – Andrew no longer a Prince

Facing mounting pressure, Andrew loses his remaining style, title and honours, now becoming known as Andrew Mountbatten Windsor.

The palace also says Andrew has been served formal notice to surrender his lease on Royal Lodge.

It adds that the move was deemed necessary despite “the fact that he continues to deny the allegations against him”.

The Palace said that “their thoughts and sympathies” remain with the survivors of any and all forms of abuse.

January 2026 – Epstein files reveal more Andrew links

Following the unsealing of the ‘Epstein Files’, further evidence of Andrew’s visits to Epstein’s properties is revealed.

An image of Andrew on all fours over a woman, whose face is redacted, is also made public.

February 2026 – Cops probe into Andrew claims

Thames Valley Police said they were liaising with prosecutors over claims against Andrew when he was UK trade envoy from 2001-11.

The force are also examining allegations that a woman in her 20s was sent to the UK by Epstein in 2010 for a sexual encounter with Andrew at Royal Lodge.

February 2026 – Met Police launch investigation

Met cops are probing royal protection officers formerly assigned to Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor as part of their “initial enquiries”.

It comes amid claims that teams from the Royalty and Specialist Protection (RaSP) “turned a blind eye” during visits to Epstein’s island.

One unnamed protection officer claimed teams had travelled with Andrew to the private island at least twice.

He claims the group joined the ex-Duke on Epstein’s private jet “Lolita Express” – which was allegedly used to ferry victims to the paedo’s homes.

February 19 2026 – Cops ARREST Andrew on his birthday

At least six cars, believed to be unmarked police cars, drove into Wood Farm at around 8am on what is Andrew’s 66th birthday.

Thames Valley Police confirmed that the ex prince has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

Eight men – understood to be plain-clothed officers – walked into a property with some carrying what is thought to be police-issued laptops.

It comes as fallen royal Andrew turns 66.

He was quizzed in custody for 11 hours and released at 7pm.

Scroll to Top